Yes, sorry, there have to be rules.
Because last year’s rules worked so well, these are basically the same. The only real changes are these:
- Due to time issues, I will accept answers and notify winners via Twitter DM, as well as the usual Facebook PM and blog comment, but I won’t be posting the questions themselves on Twitter–only on the blog and FB.
- My family will be moving across the state in the middle of this, so prizes that require post office trips may not arrive immediately; My hope is to have all of those shipped by January 11, 2016, if not before. Fortunately, most prizes can be shipped via online sellers, and should not be delayed.
- Please, please, PLEASE be sure to send me your address if you are a winner. It’s very rare that I can contact someone directly, and if you do not claim your prize within the allotted time frame (by February 12), I will have to award it to someone else.
So, once more, here are the rules. Thanks so much for making the giveaway one of my favorite parts of the holiday season!
12th Night Give-Away Rules
- The quiz and giveaway will be conducted via this blog and FaceBook only.
- The contest will begin on December 24th, 2015 and continue until January 6th, 2016. The last winner will be announced the following morning. And yes, this is more than twelve nights. Because Christmas Eve is my favorite, and then I added a prize. You’ll see.
- In order to encourage people to answer more questions, this year people will be allowed to win TWICE during the regular phase of the give-away, and all will be eligible to try for the grand prize, no matter how many times he or she has won previously.
- If I receive only one answer for a question and it’s wrong…ok, that person wins. But next time, do your research. If I am wrong, well, I will be very happy to have it pointed out!
- I will post the questions by 1 am EST every morning. Sometime during the day, as life permits, I will gather the names of those who answered the previous day’s question and place them in a box. One of my children will then draw from the correct answers to determine the day’s winner, and I will announce it on the blog and FaceBook sometime during that day.
- To answer a question, please leave a comment here on the blog, PM me on FaceBook, or DM me on Twitter. Blog comment answers will be kept private. In this way, I hope to avoid concerns some might have with others simply “copying” answers.
- For questions with two prizes, you must specify which prize you want when you submit your answer. This keeps me from having two winners who want the same prize. If you do not specify a prize on your entry, I cannot place you in the drawing. I know that might be harsh, but hunting everyone down to see which prize they want before the drawing would be time-consuming, and allow for a greater chance of error.
- If you win, I will ask you to message me privately with your mailing address. After I mail your prize, I will delete the address. Please let me know if you do not receive your prize.
- The daily prize will be announced, so that you can decide if it’s something that appeals to you.
- If a prize has no takers, I will use it for a future giveaway.
- I will do my best to contact winners. If, however, I do not hear from a winner, that prize will be used for a future giveaway or awarded to someone else if unclaimed by February 12, 2015 (Mycroft’s birthday). I cannot tag some of you on Facebook, so PLEASE check back to see if you have won. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS!!!
- At this point, I can’t see that geography will be a factor in anyone’s ability to participate. However, unless otherwise specified, videos are all Region 1 only, so please make sure your DVD player is either Region 1, or an All Region model.
- I will ship prizes starting the week of December 28th. Be patient, because shipping can take time, depending on where you live.
- We’re not talking blue carbuncles, here, just small tokens. All decisions are final. If your prize is damaged in shipping, contact me privately.
- If you’ve already won twice, you can, of course, continue to answer questions. You can also answer questions and specify that you don’t want the prize on offer, or that you never want a prize. This happened a lot last year, and it was fun!
- Brett and Mom–sorry, immediately family are not eligible. Also, as always, no Napoleons of Crime.